Ricoh’s Mobile Printing App Just Got Smarter
Posted On December 12, 2013 By Scott Guercio
Earlier this month, Ricoh released an amped up version of Neusoft’s Smart Device Print app in the App Store and Google Play—Smart Device Print & Scan. The app comes with all the bells and whistles of its predecessor (the ability to print wirelessly from a mobile device) with the added feature of scanning from Ricoh’s latest multifunctional series direct to your smartphone or tablet. The best part—it’s still FREE!
Also of significant note is Smart Device Print & Scan’s ability to take the technology one step further and allow you to transfer your scanned documents right into two of the most popular Cloud storage systems—DropBox and Google Drive (formerly Google Docs). This is an efficient, and once again, free workaround to scanning files to your DropBox or Drive accounts, giving you instant access to your docs wherever you go.
Other notable features include:
• Photo printing from your device’s camera roll or gallery
• A Clipboard feature to print copied and pasted text and images (most commonly used for printing information from an email)
• Access and print web pages displayed in the app
• Print images or documents saved in DropBox and Google Drive
• Print Microsoft Office and PDF files opened in the app
• Set advanced print finishing settings such as staple
• Print securely using the Locked Print function
• Track printed pages using the User Code function
This new and improved app goes a long way in not only supporting the convenience of smartphones and tablets in the workplace, but also offers a flexible and secure solution for device collaboration with your office MFPs.
For a complete list of supported models visit Ricoh’s Website: