Posted On October 17, 2018 By Advance Blog
Computer Security Basics for Every Employee
When it comes to the security of your organization, there is no room for error. As cybercriminals grow more sophisticated, business-crippling scams can infiltrate your network at any time. Their most penetrable target? Your end users.
So, how can you protect your organization against cyberattack? Step one is to educate your employees, and one of several important topics to cover is “Phishing Scams”.
Maintaining cybersecurity best practices can be overwhelming for your employees. Teach your team the basics today!
What is a Phishing Scam?
Phishing is an illegal attempt to obtain sensitive information (usernames, passwords or bank information) via the Internet. Phishing attempts are often over email or text message.
What are some examples of a Phishing Scam?
- An offer that is too good to be true
- An urgent email requesting sensitive information
- An email or text message sent from a stranger
How Can I Avoid a Phishing Scam?
- Preview any mysterious links within your email before clicking by hovering over the link with your mouse
- Maintain regular software updates
- Use firewalls and anti-virus software on all devices
- Be wary of pop up advertisements
- Never give your personal information over email or text message
Many end users find cybersecurity best practices overwhelming. Due to what is at risk if your business suffers a breach, an IT resource that understands the complexities of maintaining 24/7/365 security of your infrastructure is essential. Consider a third-party resource, so you and your employees can focus on your business while they handle the technical stuff. To learn more about phishing scams and other threats, such as malware, click the button below!
A Fully Managed IT Services Provider Can Revolutionize Your IT
Secure Your Company’s Data Anywhere With Mobile Device Management
Is Cloud Computing Right for Your Business?